Welcome to the Building Department
Our mission is to protect the general welfare, safety, and investment of the citizens of Hewitt, to assist in the permitting process, and to work in achieving the goals of the developers and contractors.
What We DoThe Building Department is responsible for administering and enforcing International Building Codes and local city ordinances. This is performed through the initial review stage and inspection stage.
The Building Department enforces the 2012 International Building Codes and 2011 National Electrical Codes.
Building Permit Procedure
- Register as a contractor on.
- Once approved as a contractor, you can submit your permit request.
- Please attach construction or site plans. Please click on Check Sheets for more information for New Residential Permits and Commercial Permits.
- After your permit request has been reviewed and approved, you will be able to make payment. The Building Department Fee Schedule can be found in the Master Fee Schedule.
Apply In Person / E-Mail
- 103 N. Hewitt Drive
- Please complete
applicationand include construction or site plans. Please click on Check Sheets for New Residential Permits and Commercial Permits.
- You will receive an email notification once
applicationhas been received.
- Once the application has been received, reviewed, and approved, you will be contacted for payment. Click to see the Building Department Fee Schedule.
InspectionsYou can request your inspection on MyGov or call 254.666.6173. Please request your inspection 24 hours in advance. Most permits require an inspection.
Construction working hours
The erection including excavation, demolition, alteration or repair of any building in a residential or business district other than between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., except during urgent necessity in the interest of public safety, and then only with a permit from the city manager, which permit may be renewed for a period of three days or less while the emergency continues.
Contact InformationContact the main office of the Building Department at (254) 666-6173 for getting started with the online MyGov system, request a permit, pay for a permit, request an inspection, or what is required with the application of a permit.
If you need to reach the Building Official Tracy Lankford or the Building Inspector Roy Cole with any questions, please call (254) 666-6173 and leave a message. The inspectors are performing inspections out in the City and may not always be in office.