Become a Volunteer
Welcome! Are you looking for a meaningful way to give back to your community? Volunteer opportunities positively impact neighborhoods and public areas, they improve relationships and create connections between community members to increase quality of life for City of Hewitt citizens.
Join City volunteers who assist the City's workforce to enhance services to the public.
Acceptance of volunteers is under the sole discretion of the City of Hewitt. The following is an outline of criteria used when accepting volunteers:
- Volunteers and their assignments must be in conformance with the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- Volunteers must be at least sixteen (16) years of age or older, unless accompanied by a parent, legal guardian, or designated group/organization leader.
- Volunteers may be requested to undergo a background check based on the volunteer activities of interest. Those volunteers that must undergo a background check will need to complete our Background Disclosure and Authorization Form.
How to Get Started
Volunteer opportunities are one-time events, short or long term opportunities. To get started, follow the steps below.
1. Review the departments that utilize volunteers by browsing their department homepage. You may contact the department of interest for additional information on current opportunities.
2. Check out our events page for upcoming events in Hewitt.
3. Complete the City of Hewitt Background Authorization Form and submit it to the Hewitt Public Library. Applications can be turned in Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and are accepted by email, mail, fax, or in person.along with a
Return Applications to:
Hewitt Public Library
200 Patriot Court
Hewitt, TX 76643
For any questions regarding the volunteer process, please contact the Hewitt Public Library at 254-666-2442.